About Fabio Gutiérrez
- Since 2009: working freelance as a specialized English and German into Spanish translation professional.
- An additional 11 years translating as part of my role as an international relations officer at a top Economics & Business School in Spain.
- I have also worked in:
- a Human Resources department
- a library
- different positions within the Tourism and Transportation (airline) industry
- Master of Arts in Specialized Translation (University of Zaragoza, Spain, 2010).
- Certificate in Professional Translation English to Spanish (University of Toronto, Canada, 2008).
- Bachelor in Tourism Management (University Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain, 1990).
- Language-related certificates: Upper-advanced English (Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada, 2008), Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung (Goethe Institut, Germany, 2006), English Advanced Certificate (Cambridge University, UK, 2005).
Other professional features
- Member of the leading translators’ associations in Ireland (ITIA) & Germany (BDÜ), meeting their rigorous membership standards.
- Pro-bono work for NGOs in the fields of international cooperation, children, alternative economics, and water.
+ about my background and soft skill assets
» Go to the Contact page
- I have lived in Germany, Canada and different regions of Spain.
- Throughout my entire professional life, I have cooperated with people from different cultural backgrounds (and enjoyed it!).
- I am aware of differences in culture and values, and how they affect language use.
- Instructor for cross-cultural management courses at the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
- Sound organizational skills.
- Able to deliver accurate work under pressure and tight deadlines, but…
- …as a specialized English and German into Spanish translation professional, I do not take on more work than I am able to deal with. That is why I don’t miss deadlines!