Spanish technical translations — Tourism & Travel
It takes 12 languages to reach 80% of the world’s online audience* …and Spanish is certainly one of these!
My distinctive background in the travel industry and my education & experience as a translator allow me to produce high-quality Spanish translations of descriptive and promotional travel content in the areas of accommodation, transportation (air, rail, ground, sea), rentals and destination marketing, both for use as hard-copy and online publication. I can easily switch from rendering accurately an online reservation form to using an appealing, customer-focused approach for an incentive-travel brochure.
- » Professional highlights:
- Bachelor in Tourism and Master’s degree in Specialized Translation.
- In the travel sector, working knowledge as an airport ground staff, in a travel agency, and as a tourist guide.
- Extensive travel translation activity in a range of fields, including housing, car rental, cruises, air transport, local & regional tourism promotion, travel-related campaigns (e.g. bonus programs), gay travel, T&C, etc…
- Some of the tourism materials I confidently work with: airline magazine articles, city guides, vacation rental texts, incentive-travel brochures, online booking forms, hotel marketing communications, airport information leaflets, travel product descriptions, tour itineraries, website localization for agencies and tour operators, terms and conditions, etc.
- Selection from end client portfolio: British Airways, Frankfurt Tourist Board, Emirates Airways, Silversea Cruises, Tourico Holidays, American Express, HouseTrip, MSC Cruises, Rijksmuseum Amsterdam (from English), Rezidor/Radisson Hotels, City of Baden-Baden, and a number of media/marketing agencies.
- The right specialized term always on hand with my homegrown travel and tourism glossary (Eng-Spa, over 2200 entries).
- Last continuous professional development event attended: “Behind the scenes at the airport: a talk by an airport insider” (Webinar, April 2017).
If you are investing precious money in producing/promoting your product or service, make sure that all its translated documentation communicates your message to the target audience. As a senior translator with many years of professional experience and solid qualifications, I can offer you quality Travel and Tourism translations into Spanish at a good value.
*Common Sense Advisory, 2013