Spanish technical translations — Tourism & Travel
It takes 12 languages to reach 80% of the world’s online audience* …and Spanish is certainly one of these!
My distinctive background in the travel industry and my education & experience as a translator allow me to produce high-quality Spanish translations of descriptive and promotional travel content in the areas of accommodation, transportation, travel services and destination marketing, both for use as hard-copy and online publication. I can easily switch from rendering accurately an online reservation form to using an appealing, customer-focused approach for a hotel landing page.
- » Professional highlights:
- Education: Bachelor in Tourism and Master’s degree in Specialized Translation.
- In the travel sector, working knowledge as an airport ground staff, in a travel agency, and as a tourist guide.
- Extensive travel translation activity in a range of fields, including housing, car rental, cruises, air transport, local & regional tourism promotion, and advertising campaigns.
- Some of the tourism materials I confidently work with: airline magazine articles, city guides, vacation rental texts, MICE brochures, online booking forms, hotel marketing communications, LGTB travel, airport information leaflets, travel product descriptions, tour itineraries, website localization for travel agencies and tour operators, travel-related campaigns (e.g. bonus programs), T&C, etc.
- Selection from end client portfolio: British Airways, Frankfurt Tourist Board, Emirates Airways, Silversea Cruises, Tourico Holidays, American Express, HouseTrip, MSC Cruises, Sydney Opera House, Schauinsland Reisen, Accor Hotels, and a number of media/marketing agencies.
- Homegrown travel and tourism termbank (Eng-Spa, over 2200 entries).
- Last continuous professional development events attended: “Behind the scenes at the airport: a talk by an airport insider”, “A 2017 Update on Translating for the Travel and Tourism Industry” and “Translation in Travel & Tourism: Is it really that simple?” (webinars, 2017-19).
If you are investing precious money in producing/promoting your product or service, make sure that all its translated documentation communicates your message to the target audience. As a senior translator with many years of professional experience and solid qualifications, I can offer you quality Travel and Tourism translations into Spanish at a good value.
*Common Sense Advisory, 2013